Add your Timely calendar to Outlook
You can easily share your Timely appointment calendars with other calendar applications using a one-way sync. With a one-way sync, appointments are pushed from Timely to your calendar, but changes made in your calendar will not sync back to Timely.
In this guide, we'll show you how to share your Timely calendar with Outlook.
Turn on calendar sync
Calendars are shared by staff member. To share a calendar, follow these steps:
- Go to Setup > Staff.
- Click Edit next to the staff member.
- Scroll down to the Calendar sync section.
- Tick the 'Sync Timely appointments with Outlook, Google or Apple calendars' box:
- You'll then be given a unique calendar URL - make sure to copy this URL to use later.
- Choose which Data to sync:
- Determine whether or not you'd like to Add customers as an attendee.. Note: Enabling this setting may send additional invitations or notifications from the staff member and/or customer's calendar.
- Click Save to activate the link. The link will not work until you click Save.
Add the calendar link to Outlook
The process for adding a calendar subscription will differ, based on which version of Outlook you have:
Outlook 2016 doesn't support Internet calendars. However, you can add internet calendars via the Outlook Web app (OWA): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4025591/you-can-t-add-an-internet-calendar-in-outlook-2016
Outlook 2007 or 2010:
- Click File.
- Click Account Settings (in Outlook 2008 this is under Tools).
- Select the Internet Calendars tab.
- Click New...
- Paste the shared calendar link (see above) in the field provided.
- Click Add, then Close.
- Make sure the box is checked next to your new Internet calendar in order to display it.
Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Click File > Account settings > Account settings.
- On the Internet Calendars tab, click New...
- Paste the link to the Timely calendar (see above) into the field provided.
- Click Add to add the calendar subscription.
- In the Folder Name field, type the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook.
- Click OK. Make sure the box is checked in the sidebar to display your internet calendar.
- From the Outlook navigation bar, click on the App Launcher and choose Calendar.
- Under the Outlook Calendar menu, click the down arrow next to New down arrow and choose Add calendar.
- Click From internet, and paste the Timely calendar link (see above) in the Link to the calendar box.
- Add a Calendar name in the field provided.
- Click Save to complete the process.
Pro tip: Overlap your main calendar and your Timely calendar by clicking the arrow on the Timely calendar tab!