How to set up Google Calendar one-way sync
Note: These instructions cover how to add a one-way sync to your Google Calendar. This is purely a calendar subscription, so no changes made to appointments in Google Calendar will sync back to Timely. Check out this article to set up a Google Calendar two-way sync.
To get started with adding a one-way sync to Google Calendar, you'll need to follow these instructions to get your calendar subscription URL then follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google Calendar.
- Click the down-arrow next to Other Calendars:
- Select Add by URL:
- Paste the Timely calendar URL into the field provided.
- Click the Add Calendar button:
- The calendar will appear in the Other Calendars section of the calendar list on the left-hand side:
If you want to enable reminders on your newly linked Google Calendar, click the down arrow next to the name of the calendar and select Reminders and Notifications. Use the options to configure your reminders.
Note: Timely updates to the URL you're subscribed to every 15 minutes. Unfortunately, Google users don't have much control over how often their Google Calendar 'looks' for updates from that link, so there may be a delay in the updates pushing to your Google Calendar. If this is the case, you may like to try the two-way sync option.