How to sync or share your Timely calendar
You can easily share your Timely appointment calendars with other calendar applications using a one-way sync. With a one-way sync, appointments are pushed from Timely to your calendar, but changes made in your calendar will not sync back to Timely.
There are two steps you will need to follow:
Turn on shared calendars in Timely
Calendars are shared by staff member. To share a calendar, follow these steps:
- Go to Setup > Staff.
- Click Edit next to the staff member.
- Scroll down to the Calendar sync section.
- Tick the 'Sync Timely appointments with Outlook, Google or Apple calendars' box:
- You'll then be given a unique calendar URL - make sure to copy this URL to use later.
- Choose which Data to sync:
- Determine whether or not you'd like to Add customers as an attendee.. Note: Enabling this setting may send additional invitations or notifications from the staff member and/or customer's calendar.
- Click Save to activate the link. The link will not work until you click Save.
Add the link to your external calendar
Now that you have your link, you can add that link to your external calendar. This process usually involved adding a calendar subscription, or internet calendar. Check out our guides below for more detailed and specific instructions.
- Your calendar URL should only be shared with people you trust. Be careful not to let other people access the URL.
- The setting must be saved before the link will be activated. Attempting to sync the calendars before they are saved, won't populate the external calendar.
- Every time the setting is enabled, a new unique calendar url will be generated. This will mean any previous URLs will no longer work.
- One way syncing is limited to one month of past bookings and a maximum of 2500 bookings in total.