How to set individual reminder settings for customers
When you setup new customer messages, like automated reminders and notifications, those settings will apply to all of your customers by default.
However, some customers may want to have different reminder or notification settings from your default options. In this situation, you can update these setting for an individual customer.
This can be done by heading to their customer record and clicking Edit in the top right corner:
In the pop up window, you will see a Notifications tab. Click on this to view/change a customer's notification settings:
From here, you will be able to make changes to their settings for:
- Appointment notifications (Including follow-up messages and rebooking reminders).
- Appointment reminders.
- SMS marketing
Note: Global settings must be enabled to make changes to a customer's individual settings. If you do not have a specific message enabled, then this can't be turned on for customer's individually.
In this section, you can choose what type of messages the customer will receive:
- SMS and/or emails for Booking changes (including confirmation and cancellations).
- SMS and/or email Rebooking reminders when they are due for their next appointment.
- SMS and/or email Follow-up messages after their visit.
Check to box next to each message type to Enable, or uncheck to Disable. Click Save to apply any changes.
Most businesses will want to send an SMS or email reminder to customers before their appointment starts. Some customers will have a preference for how they are contacted or have their own desired reminder interval.
You can update a customer's reminder settings for both email and SMS to an interval that is different from your default settings:
- Go to the Appointment reminders section.
- Under the email reminder setting, select the Use different interval for this customer option.
- Choose a different time interval (choose Never if you do not want to send email notifications):
- Under the SMS reminder setting, select the Use different interval for this customer option.
- Choose a different time interval (choose Never if you do not want to send SMS notifications):
- Click Save to apply.
You can decide whether or not an individual customer is included in your bulk SMS marketing messages.
Just uncheck the box next to Send this customer SMS/text marketing messages? (see below) to remove them from the list of recipients.
If a customer ever replies "STOP" to one of your bulk SMS messages, then this setting will be automatically updated.