How to request deposits for online bookings
In addition to requesting full payments for online bookings, deposits can also be requested (instead).
There are two different ways to calculate deposits:
This option will calculate a percentage of the appointment total at the time of booking.
E.g. If 10% deposit is required and the total cost of the appointment is $80, then the customer will need to pay $8 to complete the online booking.
Customers pay the same deposit amount regardless of how much the total cost of the appointment is.
E.g., If $25 is specified then the a deposit amount of $25 will always be requested, unless the service is less than $25.
How to set up deposits
When deposits have been enabled, the deposit amount applies to all online bookings regardless of service or class.
Can’t see these payment options in your account? Sales and invoicing is available on our Schedule and Sell plan. To upgrade to this plan, check out our How to change your Timely plan guide.
- Head to Setup > Online bookings.
- Go to the Online payment terms section.
- Click the Accept online payments drop-down and choose your preferred deposit option from the two new options (percentage or fixed amount).
- Add the required deposit value to the newly revealed field to match the chosen deposit option.
- Determine if you would like to Provider a "Pay later" option for customers.
- If you want customers to be able to pay the remainder of the balance online, check the box next to Can pay remaining amount online:
- Click Save to apply.
When customers are booking their appointment, or class, online they will be prompted to pay a deposit for that booking.