How to add customers to partner accounts
Timely partners can add new customers to their partner portals so that they can help their clients manage their Timely accounts.
There are a couple of different ways in which you can link a Timely customer to your account.
A new Timely customer
If the customer is new to Timely and doesn't already have an account with us, then there are a couple of different ways to add a new customer to your partner portal.
Share your unique partner link with them
As a partner you will be given a unique link that can be shared with customers, so we can identify that you've referred a customer our way.
- Head to the Badges & Promotion tab:
- Copy the link under #2 the Share your partner link.. heading:
When a customer uses this link to sign up for a Timely account, we will recognise that they have used your unique link.
This will add that business to your list of Customers in your partner portal.
From the Customers page
If you have the customer in front of you, or if you will be the main administrator on the account, you can register an account on their behalf.
- Login into the Timely partner portal.
- Select the Customers tab in the main menu:
- Click the Add a customer button:
- Fill out the required information to complete the process.
For an existing Timely customer
If you would like to connect an existing Timely customer to your Partner account, then a different approach will be required.
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting your partner account to be linked to an existing Timely customer.
- Get the Timely customer to also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that this is okay.
- We will email you back to confirm when the accounts are linked.
Access a customer's account
If your partner account is a "Reseller" type then you have the opportunities to gain access to your customer's account. This allows you to help your customer with setting up their account and to provide ongoing support.
Your customer must enable this access to allow your access to the account:
- The customer will need to log into Timely using their account owner email address.
- They can then go to Account > Login details:
- Click the Edit button under the Enable partner access section:
- Check the Allow <your partner name> to login to your account? checkbox:
- Click Save to update and apply any changes.
Once this has been done, you will see a Log in button next to that customer on the Customers page: