How to set up the MailChimp integration
To get started you'll need to create a MailChimp account by going to the MailChimp website. Once your account is set up, you can set up Timely to sync your customer information by following these steps:
- In Timely, head to Messages > Email marketing and click the Get started with MailChimp button:
- OR head to Setup > Add ons and click Activate next to the MailChimp integration.
- Click the Setup MailChimp button, whereYou will be transferred to the MailChimp login screen.
- Enter your MailChimp Login ID and password.
- Click Login. Your Timely and MailChimp accounts will then be linked (this may take a few moments).
- Click Edit Settings to choose the default MailChimp list that your customers will be synced to. If you don't have a list, you'll need to create one in MailChimp first.
- Choose the Customer segments you want synced and click Save.
Your Timely customers will now be synced to your MailChimp list. Depending on how many customers you have, and how many segments were selected, this may take a few minutes.
When the sync is complete, you will see a success message. From now on, any changes to your customers will automatically sync to that MailChimp list.