How to add Timely booking to your Facebook Page
Your customers can make a booking right from your business Facebook Page. Here's how to connect Timely to your Facebook Page.
- You can only add the Facebook app to a business page, not a personal page.
- You will need to be logged in to Facebook on an account that had administrative access to the business page you are adding it to.
- You can add Timely booking to multiple Facebook pages, but you can't add Timely booking for multiple accounts to a single Facebook page.
- The Timely booking app will list all of your services and class that can be booked online. It's not possible to create a booking app for a specific service/category/location/staff member.
- Facebook doesn't support apps (like the Timely booking button) on their mobile sites. If you'd like customers to be able to book online from their mobile devices, you can use the Facebook "Call to Action" feature. For more information, check out our Using the Facebook Call to Action guide.
Add the Timely Facebook app
- Go to the Setup tab in the main menu in Timely.
- Choose Facebook app from the list of options.
- Click the big green Add a Book Now button to Facebook. link
- Allow Timely to connect to your Facebook account.
- Choose the Facebook Page that you want to add Timely to.
- Add page tab to complete the process.
Adjust the tab name
By default, the Timely app will show up as " Make a booking now" in your page tabs, but you can customise this to say something else instead:
- Head to the Settings page on your page.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Click Edit settings under the Timely app.
- Update the Custom tab name.
- Click Save and then Ok to apply.
Note: Facebook doesn't support apps (like the Timely booking button) on their mobile sites. If you'd like customers to be able to book online from their mobile devices, you can use the Facebook "Call to Action" feature. For more information, check out our Using the Facebook Call to Action guide.
Remove the Timely booking app
If you've changed your business name or want to remove the booking tab from your Facebook page, you will need to remove this from Facebook's end.
To remove the Timely booking app:
- Click Settings at the top of your page.
- Click Edit page option in the left column:
- Scroll down to the Make a booking option in the list.
- Click the Settings button next to that option:
- Toggle this to OFF:
- Click Save to remove the app from your page.