Vend & Timely troubleshooting guide
Scroll down the following list of questions and answers to see if you can identify your issue. If the issue or question isn't covered here, just get in touch with us using the 'Contact us' link at the bottom of the article.
- Why can't I see my invoices and sales in Timely anymore?
- Can I import my customers from Vend?
- I've deleted a Timely product in Vend, how do I get it back?
- Sales are not opening in Vend
- When I create sales the wrong sale is loading or the customer isn't linked to the sale.
- I use Xero too - how do I integrate this with Timely and Vend?
- Can I stop appointment information from appearing on the Vend receipt?
Why can't I see my invoices and sales in Timely anymore?
When Vend is connected to Timely, it is your primary point of sale. This means that all your invoices and transactions are handled by Vend. As such, many of the Financial reports in Timely will not be available.
Can I import my customers from Vend?
Yes. Once you've integrated the two systems:
- Head to the Customers tab on Timely.
- Click the Import customers button:
- Select Import from Vend from the options.
I've deleted a Timely product in Vend, how do I get it back?
You'll need to reactivate the product in Vend. Here's how:
- Login to Vend.
- Go to the Products tab:
- Go to the Inactive products tab:
- Find the deleted Timely product in the list.
- Click the grey slider in the right-hand column to restore the inactive product:
- The product will be moved from the Inactive list to the Active list.
Sales are not opening
If your sales are not opening and the message "Loading sale" or "Updating your offline data" is stuck on the screen, it may be an issue with your browser.
Using Timely and Vend together works best when using Google Chrome as your browser. You can also use Safari, but you'll need to disable Block Cookies for it to work. You can do this by:
- iPad/iPhone: Go to Settings > Safari > Block Cookies > Never
- Mac OS/Windows: Go to Preferences Privacy Block Cookies change the setting to Never
If you're still experiencing issues, clear the history, cookies and site data (cache) in your web browser and try opening the sale again. In Google Chrome, you can do this by hitting CTRL-H and clicking Clear browser data.
When I create sales in Vend the incorrect sale is loading or the customer isn't linked to the sale
This problem can usually be resolved by following these steps:
- Park the sale in Vend and then close the sale window by clicking the "x" in the top right corner.
- Raise the sale again and it should open correctly.
- If that doesn't work then delete the history, cookies and site data in your browser. In Google Chrome you can do this by hitting CTRL-H and then clicking Clear browser data.
I use Xero too - how do I integrate this with Timely and Vend?
You'll need to integrate Xero with Vend, rather than with Timely. There is a video on Vend's website explaining how to do this. The process flow is then:
- Add your appointments to Timely.
- When you're ready to take payment at point-of-sale, hit the Take payment button in Timely. A sale is then raised and transacted in Vend.
- Your end-of-day till balances are then pushed into Xero from Vend.
If you have connected Timely to Xero, you'll need to disconnect this first before integrating with Vend.
Can I stop appointment information from appearing on the Vend receipt?
Yep you can. From Vend:
- Go to Setup > Outlets and Registers.
- Click Edit next to the register name.
- Then check "No" next to Print note on receipt.