How to use service groups [Video]
Service groups are an easy way to group services that you would normally perform together, especially if they include padding time or the newly introduced processing time between them.
Service Groups are great for ensuring certain services are always performed in the right order and can be added to appointments easily.
Watch the video or follow the instructions below to find out how to:
Create a Service Group
- Head to Setup > Services
- Click the Add service group button.
- Fill out the details about your service group, including the Name, Category and Description:
- If you'd like customers to be able to book this service group online, check the box next to Customers can book this service group online:
- Select a service from the drop-down menu:
- Click Include service to add it to the group:
- Change the duration, price and add padding time or processing time where needed:
- Repeat this step until you’ve added all your services.
- Click Save to save your service group.
Once you've added a Service group, this will show alongside your regular services under the category you chose on the Services page.
Book an appointment for a service group
Service groups can only be booked with a staff member who can perform all services within a booking group. So if a service group isn't showing up in the service list, make sure the staff member can be booked for all services included.
- Head to the Calendar as you normally would.
- Click on a free space in the calendar and choose Appointment from the options.
- Or, use the button in the top left corner to add a new booking to the calendar.
- Add a customer to the booking using the fields provided.
- In the Service 1 field, select the service group from the Services drop-down menu:
- All services will then be added to the booking.
- You can then change any of the default settings as required.
- Click Save to add the booking to the calendar.