How to sell gift vouchers in person
There are two ways to issue gift vouchers on Timely, each depending on how the customer would like to purchase it. You can also choose to sell gift vouchers online.
Note: Gift vouchers are not active until the sale has been completed in Timely.
Sell from the calendar
You can make a quick gift voucher sale right from the calendar by clicking the green tag icon.
- Select Gift voucher from the options:
- Fill out the details, entering the Amount and the details of the Recipient and Sender:
- Add a Message, if desire, then click Raise sale when you're ready to proceed. This will create a new invoice.
- Select the Staff member who is making the sale and click Save:
- Apply the payment like you would any other invoice and click Save again. Note the gift voucher will not be activated (able to be used) until the invoice has been fully paid.
Note: If you intend on giving away the voucher for free a payment still needs to be made, for accounting purposes this transaction must balance. If the voucher is being given away just think of it as the business paying for the voucher.
Once you've applied the payment, the gift voucher will be activated and ready to use. A gift voucher code will automatically be generated and attached to the gift voucher.
You can then choose to Email the voucher to the recipient or sender, or Print the voucher for the customer to take with them.
Issue to a customer
You can also sell a gift voucher by issuing it to a customer (great when you're creating gift vouchers on the fly).
- Head to Setup > Gift vouchers.
- Click Issue to customer.
- Follow steps 3 - 6 in the section above to raise the sale and activate the gift voucher.
Got your own printed Vouchers? No worries! Just write the unique code that Timely generates on your own printed vouchers. The customer will only need to use the code when redeeming the voucher against an appointment.