How to sell gift vouchers online
You can choose to sell your gift vouchers online too, either through your mini website or by generating the code to invoke the online gift voucher sales process.
Allow your gift vouchers to be sold online
Before your customers can purchase vouchers online you will need to make sure your voucher settings will allow this.
This can be enabled/disabled for each voucher separately.
- Head to Setup > Gift vouchers in the main menu.
- Click Edit next to the voucher you would like to update:
- Scroll down to the Online purchase section.
- Check the box next to Gift voucher can be purchased online:
- Select a location that you want to assign the online sale to (these can still be redeemed at any location):
- Click Save to apply.
Connect a payment gateway
If you would like customers to be able to purchase vouchers online, then you will need to make sure you have a payment gateway connected to accept those payments.
Check out our How to set up online payments guide for more information.
Using the mini-website
If you're already using your free Timely mini-website, then selling gift vouchers online is a few clicks away!
If your gift vouchers have online sales enabled (see above), then a Buy Gift Voucher button will automatically be included on your mini-website:
There will also be a Gift Vouchers tab in the menu, which allows customers to select a voucher for a specific value:
Creating a gift voucher button for your website
If you have your own website, you can generate a button, link or widget to sell gift vouchers.
These work the same was as Timely booking buttons and widgets that customers can use when making appointments or bookings from your website.
- Head to Setup > Booking buttons (Promote) in the main menu.
- At the top of the page, select the Purchase gift voucher tab:
- Choose the type of resource you'd like (i.e. button, link or widget).
- Select whether you'd like a dark or light button, or whether you'd like your own image:
- You'll see a preview of what your button will look like, as well as the code you need to use to add it to your website.
- Copy the code and add it to your website:
Need help adding this to your website? Check out our Website guides for step-by-step instructions.