How to use Timely on your Android device
Timely doesn't currently have a native app available for Android, but the great news is that you can still use Timely on your Android device!
Timely detects what type of device you are using and optimises the interface accordingly. The result being an experience not unlike using a typical app. The advantage here is that there is nothing to download and install and you can use Timely as if you were using it on a desktop or laptop.
Want a more "app-like" experience? Try installing the Timely website on your Home Screen.
How to access Timely on your mobile device
- Simply launch your web browser on your device (e.g., Google Chrome on Android devices).
- Head to the Timely website: http://gettimely.com or the app itself: http://app.gettimely.com.
- Login as you normally would.
Note that tablets and other larger screened devices will display an interface similar to that of larger form devices like laptops. However, smart phones show a more restricted interface due to the much smaller size of the screens.
Screenshots of the mobile view
Adding Timely to your home screen
To quickly access Timely from your device, you can add it to your home screen.
The individual steps may vary depending on your particular device, but the general process is as follows:
- Open the internet browser on your mobile (We usually suggest using Chrome).
- Load your mobile Dashboard: https://app.gettimely.com/dashboard or Calendar: https://app.gettimely.com/calendar.
- Tap the Menu button and choose Add to home screen from the list (For Firefox on Android, tap the Menu button then choose the Page option and tap Add to Home Screen).
- The icon will be added to your home screen as a "Web App".
- You can then move it around to wherever you like it to be on your home screen.
Note that once Timely has been added to the home screen it will operate similarly to a downloaded app on Android devices. This includes more screen space, task switching, etc.
Viewing the desktop version on mobile
If you need to access the other features in Timely that aren't accessible from the mobile interface then it is possible to view the full desktop version of the site on your mobile.
- Open Timely on your mobile http://gettimely.com or http://app.gettimely.com).
- Click on the three horizontal lines to access the Menu.
- Under the Sign out option you will see a button for Desktop site (see image below).
- Click this to revert to viewing the desktop site.
Once you have clicked on this, your browser will automatically remember this view whenever you try to access Timely from your smartphone or mobile device.
Bear in mind that the desktop site hasn't been designed to be viewed on iPhones or similarly sized devices so scrolling around may be quite cumbersome on smaller screen sizes.
Note: If you want to revert back to the mobile version you will need to reset (clearing both the cookies and cache) your mobile browser before being able to do so. The process for resetting your browser will differ between browsers.
If you are having trouble resetting your browser, get in touch with the Timely support team on email@example.com and we can give you a hand.