How to use the Calendar sidebar
In March 2015, we introduced a handy new tool called the Calendar sidebar.
You can use this to view a summarised version of a customer's record, or when a customer isn't selected, as an overview of your day ahead:
View a customer's record
The sidebar allows you to view your customer's information without leaving the calendar.
To open the sidebar, just click the customer's name in the appointment window from the Calendar:
Otherwise, you can toggle the sidebar open using the [>] button in the top left corner and use the search field to Find customer:
Once the customer is selected, you will be able to:
- Edit their customer record, including their contact details and notification preferences.
- Merge the customer with another record.
- Send an SMS or email to Contact the customer.
- Delete the customer's record entirely.
- Create a New appointment for that customer
- Raise an invoice to sell a product or service and/or issue a package, gift voucher or customer.
- Show the customer's Next appointment in the calendar (using the Show button).
- View the details of the customer's Last appointment (option to Book Next too!).
- Access the customer's Notes (also Add notes or Print notes).
- View any previous invoices (from here you can also Apply payment or Request a payment).
View your upcoming schedule
When you don't have a customer selected in the sidebar, you can view a summary of your appointments for the day.
Just click the [>] button, or click the spacebar, to toggle the sidebar open: