How to set up your Timely calendar
The Calendar is the heart of the Timely system and it's where you'll be spending most of your Timely time. This guide steps you through some settings to tailor the calendar to your business.
These settings can be adjusted at any time, by heading to Setup > Calendar settings.
In this guide we'll show you how to:
- Adjust how your calendar looks (Display settings).
- Customise your appointment settings.
- Set up automated day sheet emails.
- Add or edit cancellation reasons
- Add or edit appointment statuses
Everyone's working week will look a little different, here you can customise how your calendar will look:
Here you can:
- Set the First day of the week to your first day of the week. If you would like this to always be today's date/day, set this to Current day. Then when you are in Week view, this day will be on the left side.
- You can set a time that your calendar will automatically load at using the Calendar start time. You will be able to view the hours before and after this time, but we usually recommend that you set this to, or close to, the time of your first appointment.
- You can determine the interval, or booking slots, that you can see in the calendar using the Calendar interval setting.
This can be anywhere between 5 minutes and 45 minutes,he smaller the interval, the more appointment information will be visible in the Calendar:
15 minutes5 minutes45 minutes
- To view a higher contrast version of the contrast, check the box next to Display the calendar in high contrast mode and click Save to update.
Note: If you want to adjust the interval that your customers can book your staff online, you will need to adjust the Staff booking frequency. Learn more (Related articles).
There are a couple of settings you can put in place with regards to your appointments:
- You can use the initial status for bookings setting to determine if your bookings are automatically added to the Calendar as Confirmed, or if you would like the to be added to the calendar as Pencilled in, to be confirmed at a later date:
Find out more in our How to use Pencilled-in bookings guide.
- If you'd like to record what company your customers work for, then check the box next to Add company name field for customers. You then add a Company name to each customer's record:
- Decide if you would like to Allow appointments to be deleted, doing so will allow appointments to be permanently deleted (no record will be kept):
Note: You can always temporarily enable this setting on a case by case basis.
Automated Day Sheets
You can get a copy of your appointments sent to your email address each day. This can be enabled for the business, as well as for each additional staff member.
Check out our How to set up automatic day sheet emails guide for more information.
We have added some default cancellations to your account, but you can add some custom cancellation reasons of your own.
- Head to Setup > Calendar settings.
- Scroll down to the Cancellation reasons section:
- Click the green [+] button:
- Add a new cancellation reason in the field provided:
- Click Save when finished to apply.
To delete a cancellation reason, click the red rubbish icon next to the reason:
We use appointment statuses to distinguish between different types of appointments, in both the calendar and in reports. We have some default statuses already loaded, but you can add your own.
- Head to Setup > Calendar settings in your account.
- Scroll down to the Appointment statuses section:
- Click the green [+] button to add a new status:
- Add a new status in the field provided:
- Click Save when finished.
To delete statuses, click the red rubbish tin icon next to the status. Note that the default statuses cannot be deleted.