How to import and apply tax from MYOB
Import your taxes from MYOB
Before you can sync your invoices to MYOB, you will need to import your taxes from MYOB and apply them to your services, classes, products and any discounts.
- Head to Setup > Add ons.
- Click Configure for MYOB.
- Click the Import taxes and match employees button.
Your taxes will now to start to import.
Apply tax in bulk
- Head to Setup > Invoice & Tax.
- Scroll down to the Taxes section.
- Find an MYOB tax code (The MYOB logo will be displayed next to any tax that was imported from MYOB).
- To apply this tax rate to all services and products automatically, check the Apply to all.
- Click Save to apply any changes.
Apply tax to individual services, products and classes
If the Apply to all option was not checked above then this how to set a tax rate against individual services, products and classes (using services as an example).
- Head to Setup > Services.
- Edit a particular service.
- Under the Details heading, choose a tax rate from the drop down list (MYOB rates will have an MYOB in brackets next to them).
- Check the Price includes tax check box if you want the tax to be inclusive.
- Click Save to finish.
- Repeat for individual services, products or classes.
Note that connecting to a new company file or MYOB account requires removing the existing tax codes and working through this process again.