How to send customers birthday messages
Birthdays are a great opportunity for special offers, discounts, or a chance to wish your customers well.
In this guide we'll cover:
- How to add a customer's birthday.
- Birthday notifications in the Dashboard.
- How to use the Customer birthdays report.
How to add a customer's birthday
In Timely, you can record the customer's Date of Birth to make identifying their birthday even easier.
- Head to the Customers tab.
- Select the customer's record and click the Edit button:
- Go to the More info tab:
- Select their Date of birth into the date picker:
- Click Save to apply.
Dashboard birthday notifications
When it is a customer's birthday, we will show you a notification in the Coming up section of the Dashboard:
You can then send the customer a message by clicking the Contact button and choosing the Send an SMS or Send an email option.
Using the Customer birthdays report
If you'd like to see which customers have their birthday's coming up soon, you can use the Customer birthdays report to identify them:
- Head to the Reports tab in the main menu.
- Select the Customer birthdays report from the list and select the month you'd like to run the report for:
- Click the View report button to view the report:
- Right click on the customer's name and choose Open in a new tab to open their record:
- Send them a message via the Message menu: