How to notify your customers of appointment changes
To reduce no shows and keep your customers in the loop with their bookings, you can turn on SMS and/or email notifications.
When these are enabled, the customer will be sent a notification when any of the following occurs:
- A new (Confirmed) appointment is added to the calendar.
- A Pending online booking is Confirmed by the business.
- The date and/or start time of an appointment is changed.
- The appointment is cancelled.
You can also enable a notification to send appointment is marked as " Did not show". Find out more.
Enable customer notifications
To turn on customer notifications:
- Go to Setup > Customer reminders in the main menu.
- Scroll down to the Appointment changes section:Under the heading When an appointment is confirmed, amended or cancelled (see above) you have the option to choose whether or not you would like to send an SMS or email notification when the appointment is confirmed, amended or cancelled.
- Check the box next to Send the customer an email notification to send a notification via email.
- Check the box next to Send the customer an SMS notification to send a notification via SMS*.
- Click Save to update and apply.
The following is an example of an email notification:
Things to Remember
- *Normal SMS charges apply for SMS notifications.
- When an appointment is placed on the calendar, or is amended, there is a 10 minute delay by default before the SMS/email notification is sent. This is by design so that further changes made to the appointment within the 10 minute window will not trigger additional notifications.
- SMS notifications, like reminders, will cost 1 credit per message.
- If you change the price, or the service included in the appointment, a notification won't be sent.
- SMS notifications will only be sent within your SMS sending window. This can be viewed/updated under Setup > SMS settings > SMS time restriction.