Apply and remove discounts (iOS)
If you'd like to reduce the price of the customer's sale, then you can apply a discount.
You will need to have some discounts set up already, so check out our How to use discounts guide for more information.
In this guide we'll cover how to:
- Apply a discount to the entire sale.
- Apply a discount to a single item.
- Remove a discount from an item or sale.
Apply a discount to the entire sale
If you have multiple items included on an invoice, you can easily apply a discount to the entire sale at once:
- Once you've added a product or appointment to the sale, tap the three dots in the right corner.
- Tap Add discount to proceed:
- Tap to select the discount from the options:
- The discount will be applied as a negative in red and the new sale balance will be shown:
- Click Pay to take a payment.
Apply a discount to a single item
If you'd like to only discount an individual item on an invoice, you can do so:
- Tap on the item in the right panel, this will pop up an Edit item window.
- Tap on None > next to the Discount option:
- Select a discount by tapping on one of the available discounts:
- The full price will be crossed out and the discounted price will be shown underneath:
Remove a discount
If you'd like to remove the discount from the sale:
- Tap on the three dots again.
- Choose Edit discount from the drop down:
- Select the No discount option:
- To remove this from an individual item, tap on the item again.
- Tap on the current Discount and switch this to No discount:
- The discount will be removed and the full value shown: