Connect the mPOP printer and cash drawer to your Timely account
In this guide, we'll show you how to setup the Star mPOP (combined Bluetooth Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer) with the Timely iPad app.
Note: Barcode scanning is not supported on the iOS app, so the mPOP barcode scanner can't be used alongside the printer/cash drawer
Pair the mPop with your iPad
Before you can connect the mPOP to your iPad, you'll need to turn it on. You can find the power button on the left-hand side on the front of the machine.
To connect the mPOP to your iPad using bluetooth:
- Open the Settings app on your iPad.
- Tap the Bluetooth option in the menu:
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on. This should be green.If the slider is greyed out, tap again to ensure Bluetooth is enabled:
- In the Bluetooth Devices section, tap on the Star mPOP:
- The mPOP and iPad will then be connected:
Connect the printer in Timely
- Tap on the Settings cog in the Timely menu (bottom right):
- Tap Printers under the Hardware section:
- Timely POS will search your network for the mPOP. Tap on the mPOP in the search results to select it:
Configure your printer settings
You'll then be required to configure the printer:
- If you'd like, you can set another Name for the mPOP printer.
- Choose if you would like receipts to Auto print - if this is blue, then it is enabled.
- Enable Open on cash payment to automatically open the csh drawer when a cash payment is applied.
- To open the cash drawer after every sale is completed you can also enable Open on sale complete.
- Click Save to complete the process.
- The mPOP will then be shown as connected on the Settings page: