How to set up the mPOP on a Microsoft Windows computer
Timely prints invoices to PDF format by default. However, you can connect a thermal receipt printer to Timely and print your invoices as sales receipts instead.
Receipt printing is only available by running Google Chrome web browser on either a PC (Microsoft Windows) or a Mac.
At the moment, we can only provide support (and instructions) for the following printers*:
- The Star TSP100, (LAN/USB)
- The Star TSP113 (LAN/USB)
- The Star TSP143 (LAN/USB)
- The mPOP Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer.
*While we can't guarantee all receipt printers will work with Timely, we have customers who have connected other printers successfully!
Once you've configured the mPOP, you will need to complete the rest of the instructions in our How to use thermal receipt printing guide.
- Connect your mPOP printer to your PC using a USB cable.
- Download and install the appropriate driver from the Star website: http://www.starmicronics.com/support/
- Under Product Type choose Cash Drawer
- Select the Drivers tab and download the mPOP drivers:
- Run the installation program.
- Open the PC’s Control Panel and select Devices and Printers from the options.
- Right click the Star mPOP printer and choose Printer properties from the options.
- Click Change properties.
- Click on the Device Settings tab.
- Under Form To Tray Assignment choose 54mm x Receipt.
- Under Scaling choose User Define and set Factor to 100%.
- Under Cash Drawer 1 choose Document Top.
- Click OK to confirm and apply your settings.
- Complete the rest of the instructions in our How to use thermal receipt printing guide.