Do I pay GST or VAT on my Timely invoices?
Paying GST in Australia
If you are based in Australia, then you may also be required to pay GST (10%) on your Timely subscription invoices.
- If you are registered to pay GST, you will not be required to pay tax on your subscription.
- If you aren't registered for GST, then you will be required to pay tax on your Timely subscription.
This will come into affect from the 15th of January, 2018.
In July, 2017 there was a change to GST legislation in Australia. This change requires that GST be collected on all international online services and products that are sold to Australian consumers.This includes subscription services like Timely.
However, if your business is GST registered, then you could be eligible for an exemption. Note GST registered businesses are unable to claim tax credits for GST paid to Timely.
For new customers
For new customers, you'll be prompted to add your ABN and verify that you are GST registered, when you activate your Timely account.
For existing customers
For existing customers, you will need to provide us with your ABN (Australian Business Number), and attest to a statement that you are GST registered:
- Head to Account > Billing.
- In the GST section, click the Apply for exemption link:
- Check the box to confirm My business is registered for GST with the Australian Tax Office (ATO):
- Enter your ABN number in the field provided:
- Click Save to apply.
Note: It is the business owner's responsibility to be truthful about GST registration for the purposes of tax exemption. The ATO places full responsibility on you the business owner to communicate this truthfully. Timely is not accountable for any misinformation, or information given under false pretences.