Getting started with classes
Classes are designed for bookings in which multiple customers can attend, such as workshops, exercise classes, special events, and so on.
Classes work a little differently from appointments, as these need to be scheduled at a particular time in the calendar before they can be booked by customers.
In this guide, we will cover how to:
Create a new class
To get started with creating classes in Timely:
- Head to Setup > Classes in the main menu:
- Click the green Add class button:
- Enter a Class name, a Capacity (how many customers can book into this class) and a Description:
- Determine if Customer can book this class online by checking the box (see above).
- Enter a Price, select any Tax and add a Duration (see above).
- You can then choose the colour for class, which will determine how it is shown in the calendar:
- Select which Staff are able to take the class, what Resources are required.
- If desired, set a unique payment policy for this class.
- Click Save to create the class.
Add a class to the calendar
Unlike services, classes cannot be booked until they have been scheduled into the calendar.
- From the Calendar view, click the space you want to schedule the class into and select Class from the options:
- Select the Class from the drop-down menu:
- If you haven't already, you can select the staff member who will perform the class.
- The Duration, Capacity and Price will auto-populate from when you set the class up, but you can change these for each individual class:
- Click Save to add the class to the calendar:
Add a recurring class to the calendar
If the class happens regularly, you can set this up to be a recurring class as well.
- When you are adding, or editing a class, go to the Recurrence tab:
Select whether you want the class to repeat Daily, Weekly or Monthly:
- Set how frequently you'd like that to repeat e.g. Every 2 weeks, Every 3 weeks etc.
- Add a specific End date, set a class to end after x occurrence, or make it occur indefinitely by setting this to Never:
Choose which days you'd like this to repeat on.
When you're ready, click Save to complete.