How to sell packages to customers [Video]
Once some packages have been created, they can then be issued or sold to customers. At this point you can use the default number of visits/minutes set for the package or adjust for individual customers.
When a package is sold to a customer an invoice is raised and a payment is applied or put on account. This means the package will appear in the reporting when it was sold rather than when it is redeemed by a customer.
Can’t see Packages in your account? Packages are a great way to presell services and classes to customers and conveniently track their progress. They are available on our Schedule and Sell plan.
To upgrade to this plan, check out our How to change your Timely plan guide.
Issue packages to your customers
Note that customers can purchase and use more than one package at a time.
- Head to the Customers page
- Select the Packages tab
- Click the Issue package to customer button.
- Search for package and click Save to progress to the next step:
- Check the Take payment now? checkbox to raise an invoice, otherwise leave it unchecked.
- If you need to change the limits on any of the services, click the +/- buttons:
- If the expiry or redemption dates need to be changed, select the Validity tab and modify accordingly:
- Click the Save button when done to complete the process.
If you unchecked the Take payment now? checkbox then the package will be added to the customers profile on the Packages tab as Unpaid. A package can still be redeemed even if a payment hasn't been applied.
To add an appointment for that package to the calendar, you can click the Book package button (see above) from here too.
Raise an invoice for a package
When the Take payment now? checkbox is checked (see step 5 above), an invoice window will automatically pop up when you click Save on the issued package.
If this isn't checked at the time you can edit the package to raise an invoice:
- Find the customer in the Customers tab.
- Head to the Packages tab in their customer record:
- Click on the Name of the package you would like to edit:
- Make sure the box next to Raise an invoice.. is checked:
- Then click Save to open the "New sale" screen.
- Choose a staff member from the Staff drop down list to record who sold the Package (the package total will be applied to this staff member only):
Make other changes if needed.
- Click Save when you are done.
- You can then email the invoice to the customer, print a copy, apply a payment or even request online payment for the invoice.
Packages can be sold directly from the calendar or added to an existing invoice the same way as products can be, as long as there is a default limit set for that package.