How to sell packages to customers [Video]
Once some packages have been created, they can then be issued or sold to customers. At this point you can use the default number of visits/minutes set for the package or adjust for individual customers.
When a package is sold to a customer an invoice is raised and a payment is applied or put on account. This means the package will appear in the reporting when it was sold rather than when it is redeemed by a customer.
This feature is available on our Schedule and Sell plan; everything you need to take your business to the next level. Find out how to upgrade in our How to change your Timely plan guide.
Issue packages to your customers
- Head to the Customers page
- Select the Packages tab
- Click the Issue package to customer button.
- Search for package and click Save to progress to the next step:
- Check the Take payment now? checkbox to raise an invoice, otherwise leave it unchecked.
- If you need to change the limits on any of the services, click the +/- buttons:
- If the expiry or redemption dates need to be changed, select the Validity tab and modify accordingly:
- Click the Save button when done to complete the process.
Note that customers can purchase and use more than one package at a time.
If you unchecked the Take payment now? checkbox then the package will be added to the customers profile on the Packages tab as Unpaid. A package can still be redeemed even if a payment hasn't been applied.
To add an appointment for that package to the calendar, you can click the Book package button (see above) from here too.
Raise an invoice for a package When the
Take payment now? checkbox is checked (see step 5 above), an invoice window will automatically pop up when you click
Save on the issued package.
- Find the customer in the Customers tab.
- Head to the Packages tab in their customer record:
- Click on the Name of the package you would like to edit:
- Make sure the box next to Raise an invoice.. is checked:
- Then click Save to open the "New sale" screen.
- Choose a staff member from the Staff drop down list to record who sold the Package (the package total will be applied to this staff member only):
Make other changes if needed.
- Click Save when you are done.
- You can then email the invoice to the customer, print a copy, apply a payment or even request online payment for the invoice.
If this isn't checked at the time you can edit the package to raise an invoice:
Packages can be sold directly from the calendar or added to an existing invoice the same way as products can be, as long as there is a default limit set for that package.