How to send a customer message
Timely provides a range of automated notifications and reminders but sometimes you just want to send a quick message to a specific customer.
There are a couple of places where you can send a manual (or "ad hoc") message directly to a customer:
When a customer replies to an SMS message, it will be shown on the SMS replies page in the Messages tab. However, if a customer replies to an email message, this will be sent directly to your email address.
Send a message from the Calendar
- Click an appointment on the Calendar.
- From the pop up, click the Envelope icon:
- Choose either the Send an SMS or Send an Email option:
- The mobile number or email address will be added automatically so simply write your message:
- Click the Send button when you are ready.
Remember SMS messages are limited to 160 characters, as all SMS messages are.
Send a message from the Customers tab
- Head to the Customers tab.
- Search for the customer by entering their name, phone number, etc.
- Once found, click the Messages button on the right:
Choose Send a message from the options:
Then you can choose either the Send an SMS or Send an Email option.
- Compose your message and click the Send button when you are ready.
Send a message from the Sidebar
- Click the [>] button in the top left corner to open the sidebar:
- Search for and select the customer's record.
- Click the Send message button:
- Choose between Send an SMS or Send an email:
- Compose your message:
- Click Send to send the message:
- This will show up as an Ad Hoc message in the Messages tab: