How to set up your payment gateway
Taking deposits or full payment for online bookings is a no brainer as it reduces no-shows and enforces respect from your customers. It also ensures that you're getting money for your time and makes it more likely that your clients will buy retail products on the day.
To accept online payments for bookings or invoices you need to have a payment gateway configured for your Timely account.
To set this up, head to Setup > Add-ons from the main menu:
Click Activate next to the Payment gateways option:
From this page select the payment gateway you would like to use and click the name to complete your connection details.
Each payment gateway has a slightly different setup process and details for each gateway provider are below. You will need to have an existing account with the payment gateway provider before you can connect it to Timely:
Each payment gateway will have their own fee structure for processing online payments. We recommend evaluating all options available in your country to find the model that suits your business.
Connect your payment gateway
Setting up TimelyPay is easy, just follow the following steps or check out this detailed help guide:
- Go to 'Setup' then click 'Add ons', click the "Set up TimelyPay" button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will then be redirected back to the TimelyPay Add ons page.
- After your proof of identity and address documents are verified, you can start taking payments online from your clients.
- Set your default online booking payment terms.
- Add custom text to the payment screen.
- Enable requiring your clients' billing address on the payment screen.
- Once you have online payments coming through, your payouts will be deposited directly to your business' bank account every Monday.
TimelyPay is currently only available in New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom. If you do not live in those countries and would like to use TimelyPay, please send an email to email@example.com to express your interest.
You will need two pieces of information to connect to the Authorize.Net gateway. These are an API Login ID and a Transaction Key. To retrieve these details follow the steps below.
- Log into your Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left side menu.
- Click API Login ID and Transaction Key in the Security Settings section.
- Under Create New Transaction Key, enter your Secret Answer.
- Click Submit to complete the process.
These steps are explained with some additional detail in the Authorize.Net support centre here.
Timely does not pass on customer address information to Authorize.net when customers book and pay online. You will need to disable your Address Verification Services (AVS) settings in Authorize.net to prevent any issues:
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net/.
- Click Account from the main toolbar and select Settings from the options.
- Click Address Verification Service in the Security Settings section.
- Uncheck all the box(es) next to the relevant AVS codes.
- Click Submit to update.
You need to enter your eWay Customer ID to connect to the eWay gateway.
You would have received your ID by email when you signed up to eWAY. It can also be on your eWAY invoice as 'Account Number'. If you still can’t find it, you will need to contact eWay support here.
Our integration with eWay is only supported for customers in the Asia Pacific region and we do not support eWay Rapid.
Windcave (formerly Payment Express)
Timely does not support the PxPay payment solution. This includes payments using 3Dsecure.
You will need to enter your PxPostUsername and PxPostPassword to connect to the Windcave gateway. These details will have been supplied to you by Windcave and will relate to the use of the PxPost Payment Solution.
If you are not sure what details you need to use please contact Windcave to confirm your details here.
You can connect your PayPal Business or PayPal Premier account to Timely.
There are a number of settings that need to be in place in your PayPal account, to make sure that payments are successfully received in Timely.
- Sign up here for a Business account only (currently called PayPal Payments Standard).
- Connect your PayPal account to Timely.
- Set your online payment policies in Timely.
- Update your PayPal settings.
Our Getting started with PayPal guide steps you through that entire process in more detail.
You need to provide the Live secret API key for your Pin Payments account. You can find this key on your Pin Payments account settings page.
You will have two types of API keys in your account so make sure to use the secret one as this is the key needed to create payments.
To connect to your Stripe account:
- Click the " Setup Stripe" button and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Login to your Stripe account with your Stripe username and password.
- Once you are logged in, Authorise a connection between your Stripe and Timely accounts.
- You will then be redirected back to the Timely setup page.
Add custom text to the payment screen
Some payment gateways will require you to show specific information about your business on the payment page, like your business address or registered company name. You can add these and/or any further instructions you'd like to give customers.
- Head to Setup > Add ons from the main menu.
- Click Configure next to the payment gateway.
- Next to the Custom text on the payment page option, click Turn on:
- Enter the information and message you would like to display on that payment page:
- Click Save to apply your changes.