How to add notes to customers
Often businesses need to keep notes about their customers that they can refer to later on. Notes could include customer injuries, preferences, address access, other issues, pretty much anything that staff need to be aware of.
Timely makes it very easy to add a series of notes against customers, there are a few different types of notes you can make in Timely:
You can also report on customer notes for the whole business, as well as for each individual customer.
Head to the Reports tab and run the Customer notes report. This will show you all customer and booking notes for you entire customer list:
To view a list of all notes for a specific customer you can head to their customer record, pop to the Notes tab and hit the Print notes:
- Head to the Customers tab.
- Find and select the customer you would like to add a note to.
- Select the Notes tab:
- Click the Add note button:
- Write your notes in the space provided:
- Click the Save button when you are finished.
Once the note is added it will appear on this page as part of a list of notes for this customer and the notes tally will change:
Did you know?
You can also print out a full list of these notes by clicking the Print notes button as well printing notes for all customers by running the Customer notes report.
Customer notes are only accessible directly from the customer's record. To view these from an appointment or the calendar click the View notes button from the sidebar:
Add booking notes to an appointment
- Click on the appointment in the calendar
- Click Edit in the appointment pop out
- Go to the Notes tab
- Enter the Booking notes in the field provided
- Click Save to update
These are notes that are linked directly to a specific appointment or class. Booking notes won't show up with the Customer notes in the Customers tab (see above) but are included in the Customer notes and Print notes reports.
To add a booking note to an appointment:
Once a booking note has been added it will show up in the appointment pop up, highlighted in blue (see below). A speech bubble icon will also show on the appointment in the calendar:
Add notes to a class
- Click on the class in the calendar.
- Go to the Customers tab and click on the customer you want to add a note to.
- Click Show notes in their details and enter in a note:
- Click Save to update and return to the calendar.
To add a note to a class for a specific customer:
Customer Alerts If you have important customer notes or alerts that need to be accessible from both the customer's record and from their appointments in the calendar then you can add these notes or alerts to the
Check out our How to add alerts to customers guide.