How to add services
In order to make appointments, you will need to have some services added to your account. You can create a whole host of options that cover what services your business offers.
You can set the price and duration, build in gaps between appointments/services, combine services into service groups, and control which services can be booked by clients online.
Services can also be added directly to a sale, without a booking being created, which is perfect for walk-in customers or for any add on services performed during the client's appointment.
Create a new service
- Head to Setup in the main menu and select Services from the options:
- Click the green Add service button in the top right corner.
- Add a unique Service name then describe the service in the Description field (which can be seen by customers online):
- Choose a Category if these have been set up (see the How to categorise and order services guide for more information).
- Check the box next to Customers can book this service online if you'd like the service to be available online:
- Select a Price type:
- Then add an amount if required (This value is used in sales calculations and online booking payments):
- Add Tax (if applicable):
- Specify a Duration for the service and a unit of time (hours/minutes).
- If extra time is required for clean up, or to get ready for the next service, then you can add some Padding time or Processing time to the service:
- Processing time: Creates a free space or gap after a service which allows other customers to be booked in to that space. You can only apply processing time AFTER a specific service: http://help.gettimely.com/article/347-how-to-set-processing-time-after-service.
- Padding time: Prevents other customers from booking into this slot, without adding extra time to the customer's appointment. This is perfect for preparation or cleanup time between appointments: http://help.gettimely.com/article/276-how-to-set-padding-time-between-appointments
- Choose a Colour to distinguish this service, this will be the colour used for bookings in the calendar:
Assign staff and resources to the service
- Scroll down to the Staff section on the service page:
- If all staff can perform this service click the Select all checkbox:
- Otherwise, click the checkbox next to the relevant staff member.
- In the Resources section, assign a Resource required? to the service (optional):
- If you require any specific information for this service, you can add an Optional booking question (Find out more):
- If you have online payment enabled, you can Use a different payment policy for this service (Find out more).
- Click Save to complete the process and create the service.