How to sell products with Timely
Products can be sold to a customer by adding them to an invoice. You can sell them as part of an appointment sale, on their own, or with other packages and products.
Timely will make sure there is enough stock available to complete the transaction and once the sale is completed, the stock level will be automatically adjusted to account for that sale.
Can’t see Products in your account? Products are available on our Schedule and Sell plan. To upgrade to this plan, check out our How to change your Timely plan guide.
Adding products to an appointment sale
Most products will be sold in conjunction with an appointment being paid for (i.e., a customer or client is about to pay for their appointment):
- Click the appointment on the calendar and choose Raise invoice
- Click the [+Product] button to add a product to the invoice:
- Search for the product you'd like to add to the invoice using the field provided:
- Select the product from the suggestions to add it to the invoice.
- Specify how many of that product are being sold (quantity)
- Click Save to complete the invoice
Multiple products can be added to the invoice up to a maximum of 10. Timely will also show what products that customer previously bought too:
Selling products directly to the customer
Products can be sold without needing an appointment, you can raise an invoice for a product from anywhere in Timely using the Sale button:
- Click the sale tag button (see image below). This button can be seen in the top left corner of the main menu, no matter what page you are viewing in Timely:
- Choose Product from the list of options:
Choose a Location that you want the invoice to be recorded at:
- Select a customer in the Invoice to field:
- Start typing a product's name or SKU to show any related products:
- Select the product from the search options by clicking on it.
- Click Add product to add additional products to the invoice.
- Click Save when you're ready to raise the invoice.