How to sell retail products
Products can be sold to a customer by adding them to an invoice. You can sell them as part of an appointment sale, on their own, or with other packages and products.
Timely will make sure there is enough stock available to complete the transaction and once the sale is completed, the stock level will be automatically adjusted to account for that sale.
This guide we'll cover how to:
This feature may not be available on your current plan. Find out how to upgrade in our How to change your Timely plan guide.
Add products to an appointment sale Most products will be sold in conjunction with an appointment being paid for (i.e., a customer or client is about to pay for their appointment).
- Click the appointment on the calendar and choose Raise sale:
- Click the [+Product] button to add a product to the invoice:
- Search for the product you'd like to add to the invoice using the field provided:
- Select the product from the suggestions to add it to the sale.
- The Staff field determines which staff member is assigned this sale in the reporting. You can assign this for the entire sale, or by item.
- To sell more than one of that product, update the Quantity field.
- Click the + Product button to add further products to the sale. You can add up to 10 products to a sale.
- Click Save to complete the sale.
If the customer purchased a product on their last sale, this will be shown in the bottom-left corner of the sale:
Sell products on their own Products can be sold directly to a client, even if they haven't had an appointment with you.
- Click the sale tag icon ( ) in the top-left corner of the main menu:
The sale button can be seen and used from any page in Timely.
- Choose Product from the list of options:
In the sale, select the Location that you want the sale to be assigned to - this will default to the current location.
- Use the Invoice to field to search for an existing customer, or add a new customer:
- In the Item/description section, click in the product field. Start typing the product's name or SKU (e.g. barcode) to view any related products:
- Click on the product in the search results to add it to the sale.
- Click the + Product button to add more products.
- Click Save when you're ready to complete the sale.
Need to return or refund a product? Check out our How to issue a refund guide.