How to set up the MailChimp integration
MailChimp is a tool that helps you design email newsletters, share them on your social networks and track your results.
With this integration, you can automatically sync all of your customers in Timely to MailChimp.
To find out more about how the integration works, check out our Getting started with MailChimp guide.
Get a MailChimp account
To get started you'll need to create a MailChimp account (if you don't have one already):
Plans are based on the number of subscribers that you have in your account, so this is something to be mindful of when selecting a plan. You can use Timely with any of MailChimp's plans, both free and paid.
- Create a new account with MailChimp: http://mailchimp.com/
- You will also need to setup at least one list, that you can sync your customers from Timely to: https://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/growth/create-a-new-list
Connect MailChimp to your Timely account
Once your MailChimp account is set up, you can connect this to Timely.
- In Timely, head to Setup > Add ons and scroll down the list.
- Click Activate next to the MailChimp integration:
- Click the Setup MailChimp button:
- This will take you to the MailChimp login screen, where you can enter your MailChimp Login ID and password:
- Click Login. If you have multiple MailChimp accounts, you'll need to select which one you'd like to connect.
- Your Timely and MailChimp accounts will then be linked (this may take a few moments).
Select your list and segments
Now that the two systems are connected, you can tell Timely which list you'd like to sync your customers to and which customers to include:
- You'll land on the setup page, which prompts you to complete the setup:
- Click the Edit Settings button:
- Set the Default list from the field provided:
- Choose the Customer segments you want synced (see above).
- Go to the Online booking tab:
- Here you can decide if you'd like to Show email marketing opt-in for online bookings.
- And if you want Email marketing opt-in to be checked by default.
- Click Save to complete the process.
- Your Timely customers will now be synced to your MailChimp list. Depending on how many customers you have, and how many segments were selected, this may take a few minutes.
When the sync is complete, you will see a success message. From now on, any changes to your customers will automatically sync to that MailChimp list.
Getting started with MailChimp
As MailChimp is a separate company, there is limited support we can provide around setting up campaigns and newsletters.
Here are some recommended guides for getting up and running: