How to edit appointments
Once a booking has been made, you will be able to make changes to the booking. Like what services are included, which staff member is performing it and/or the date and time.
In this guide we'll cover how to:
- Drag an appointment to a new time.
- Change the duration of services.
- The Reschedule button.
- Using the Edit function.
- Move an appointment to another location.
Any changes made to a booking will be recorded in the History, so you can track when and who made any changes to the booking:
Working with recurring bookings? Check out our How to edit recurring bookings guide.
Drag the appointment to a new time
- Click and hold an appointment to select it.
- Drag it to a new time or day on the calendar.
- Release the appointment once you've chosen the new time.
Change the duration of the appointment or service
- Hover the cursor over the bottom line of an existing appointment.
- When the cursor changes to a double-arrow, drag up or down to change the duration:
Use the Reschedule button
- Find the appointment that you want to change and click on it.
- Click the Reschedule button on the pop up window:
- Choose the new day and time for the appointment on the calendar and click the slot. Timely will move the appointment to the new day/time.
Tip: To book another appointment for the same customer, click the Book next button which works in a similar way.
Use the edit function
- Select the appointment that you want to change and click it.
- Click the Edit button on the pop up window.
- Once the complete appointment details appear, change any of the details as desired.
- Click the Save button when finished.
If you a booking has been made at the wrong location, or you need to close off a location's calendar, you will need to move a booking to another location.This will need to be done separately from the regular Reschedule process.
Changing the location of a booking will send an amendment email to the customer and the staff member(s) involved, if these are enabled. You can manually manage those notifications if you would prefer not to send a notification. Check out our How to check sent and received messages guide for more information.
Move an appointment to another location
- In the Calendar, click on the appointment you need to move.
- When the appointment information box pops up, click Edit to adjust the booking:
- Click the Change link next to the location to view the options:
- Select the desired location from the drop down menu that will appear:
- Then click Save and the appointment will be moved to the new location: