Things not working as expected? Check out our quick tips!
We know how important it is to have everything up and running and are committed to providing a reliable service.
While we have a great track record for reliability, like any complex system, things can occasionally go wrong. If you're having trouble connecting to Timely, or are experiencing slowness in the app, here are some things you can try:
- Check the Timely status page.
- Troubleshoot performance.
- Update your DNS settings *ADVANCED*.
- Get in touch!
Check the Timely status page The best place to find out if there are any current issues, or disruptions, is to check the Timely status page.
This will show the status of the main app or a specific part of Timely - like online bookings, email and sms settings, our help guides or our company website.
To find out what the current status is, head to: http://status.gettimely.com
For serious outages that last a long time, we will post information to our Facebook page and send an email (when appropriate). For all other questions about performance, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Troubleshooting performance If the status website says everything is okay with Timely, but you are still having problems there are some things you can try to see if things are improved:
- Try a different browser (we recommend using Google Chrome)
- Clear the cookies and cache on your web browser. This website steps you through that process, here: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/
- Shut down your web browser and relaunch it.
- Shut down the device (laptop, computer, iPad, etc.) entirely. This should be a full power down and start up again, as opposed to a Restart.
Update your DNS settings If you're able to access other sites, but the Timely website still isn't loading, then this may be related to your DNS settings.
A DNS is like an address book for every site on the internet, some are more reliable that others and particular settings can cause degraded performance for one or two sites while others function normally.
If you’ve checked everything else, try using Google’s public DNS settings. Click this link for an explanation and guide: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
Get in touch! If none of the above works, then please reach out to us and let us know. We have some questions for you to help us pinpoint what might be happening:
- What kind of web browser and device are you using when there are problems occurring? You can use this site to check what browser you are using: http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/ please include your custom link in your email :-D
- How fast is your internet connection? You can use this link to check what speed your internet is running at. We need to know the ping, download speed and upload speed. http://www.speedtest.net/. The industry standard for cloud computing is 40-50Mbps Download and 20Mbps Upload.
- Are there particular parts of Timely that are causing you frequent problems, specific actions or areas e.g. raising invoices, or viewing the Customers tab?
- Are there particular actions that you are trying to perform but can't?
- Are you seeing/receiving any error messages?
- Are there specific times of the day that you experience these issues?
- Are you able to take a screenshot, or video, of the problem occurring? This website has some tips for taking screenshots: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
If you make a note of these things, and let us know about them in an email, we can help you get back in action!