How to let customers book and pay for classes online
Classes are no longer available in Timely.
If your account was created after the 1st of September, 2018 or you haven’t used classes in your account before then, you will no longer be able to access or use this feature. If you have already have classes in your account, you will be able to continue using them.
You can allow your customers to book into a class online. This can be paid for at the time of booking, or when they come in to visit.
If the class is a recurring class, then customers will need to be manually added to the remaining classes.
To allow customers to book and pay for classes online, you will need to:
- Add a class to the calendar.
- Make sure the class is bookable online.
- Set the online payment policy for the class.
Add a class to the calendar Before a customer can book into a class, the class must be scheduled in the calendar already. Check out our
How to add classes to the calendar guide for detailed instructions.
Make the class bookable Before a customer can book into the class online, you will need to ensure that this class is bookable online.
- Head to Setup > Classes.
- Click Edit next to the class in then list.
- Check the box next to Customers can book this class online (in the Class details section):
- Click Save to apply your changes.
Set the online payment policy Classes will automatically use the default online payment settings.
- Head to Setup > Classes from the main menu.
- Click Edit next to the class.
- Scroll down to the Online payments section:
- Check the Use a different payment policy for this class radio button.
- Choose the relevant option from the drop-down list:
- Click the Save to apply your changes.
However, it is possible to set a different online payment policy for each class.
Note: Before you can accept online payment for class, you'll need to connect a payment gateway and enable online payments for bookings. Check out our How to set up online payments for bookings guide for more information.