How to create gift vouchers
- Custom amount gift vouchers: These gift vouchers have their value set at the point of sale. These are great for client's who want to purchase vouchers for specific amounts.
- Fixed amount gift vouchers: Think of these as a template of a voucher you wish to sell to your clients. Fixed amount vouchers can be given a name, a value and can be sold online to make it easy for your clients to buy a voucher for their friend.
In this guide, we'll show you how to:
Set up custom amount gift vouchers in your account In Timely, you can easily sell gift vouchers on the fly. The amount of the voucher is set when you sell the voucher, but there are a few small things you'll need to set up first.
- Get started by heading to Setup > Gift vouchers. This is where you can edit the settings for your custom amount vouchers. To enable them, check the 'Allow sale of custom amount vouchers' box.
Once you've checked this box, some extra settings options will appear. These settings apply to custom amount vouchers only.
- Customise your printing preferences for the PDF voucher generated by Timely. You can choose to show/hide your business name, business logo and the link to online bookings. You can also specify a set of default terms that will be shown at the bottom of your vouchers.
- To preview the template of your custom amount vouchers, click See an example voucher. Here's an example of how these vouchers might look:
- Once you've set up your preferences, click Save. Too easy!
Create a fixed amount gift voucher
- On the Setup > Gift vouchers page, click the Add a fixed amount template button.
- To set up your template, you'll need to add an Amount for the voucher, and a Gift voucher name. You can also add a SKU if appropriate, and a voucher Description.
- If you're wanting to sell your vouchers online, you'll need to make sure you have a payment gateway set up. If you want to sell your vouchers online, check the Gift voucher can be purchased online box, and choose a location for the voucher sales to be attributed to (don't worry, it can still be redeemed at any location).
- Finally it's time to set up your gift voucher terms. Select if you'd like the voucher to be redeemable online, whether you'd like the price shown on the printable PDF, and whether you'd like to be able to void the voucher. You can also set up an automatic expiry date for this voucher template, which means that any vouchers issued will expire at that time.
- To make your vouchers service-specific or more like a gift, you can hide the price. This will show just the gift voucher name and other details, as below:
Got your own printed Vouchers? No worries! Click here to find out how you can use your pre-printed gift cards with Timely.