How to create a resource
Sometimes a service or appointment will require a specific resource, like a massage table, a certain room or a piece of equipment. To make sure this resource isn't double booked, you can create and assign your resources to any relevant services.
First, you'll need to set up the different rooms and resources you have in your business.
- To get started, head to Setup > Resources from the main menu:
- To add a new resource, click Add resource in the top right corner:
- Give the resource a name using the Resource name field, e.g., IPL Machine or Massage Room:
- If you have more than one of a type of resource (e.g., 3 IPL machines), you can add additional items for that resource by clicking the green [+] icon:
- You can then determine an Item location, which will mean that this item can only be booked at that specific location.
- When you have finished adding all of your items and assigning them locations, click Save!
Minimise resource switching
If you're booking customers in for multiple service appointments using your resources, you can minimise the switching of resources for these appointments.
If this setting is OFF, appointments with multiple services will be booked with the first available resource for each service, based on the order you have specific when setting up the service.
If this setting is ON, Timely will attempt to book the entire appointment with the same resource. This is great if you don't want your clients to be changing rooms mid treatment.
- To enable the minimise resource switching setting, click the 'Resource settings' button:
- Check the 'Match resources in a booking containing multiple services' box and click Save.