How to book using resources
Once your resources are all set up alongside the services that require them, you are ready to start making bookings involving that resource!
In this guide we'll cover how to:
- Select a resource when making a booking.
- Manage resource booking conflicts.
- Manage online bookings with resources.
Select a resource when making a booking
- When you add an appointment to the calendar, you will see a column called Resource:
- If you have more than one of the same resource, you can choose another item of that resource if you wish (we'll only show available resources here):
- Click on the Resource field and select another resource from the list. Then click Save to apply any changes.
Once you have followed the process above, a suitcase icon will indicate that there is a resource associated with that booking. If you click the appointment, you can see what resource is being used:
Manage resource booking conflicts If a resource is already in use when you try to make a booking, you will see the standard conflict indication (an exclamation point in a read circle) on the right hand side:
If you drag the appointment into a slot that causes a resource conflict, you will get the below message. You can choose to Cancel the change, or Continue anyway and double book the resource:
Online bookings with resources Resources are automatically assigned when customers make a booking online:
Similarly to staff availability, if a slot has no resource available, it will not show up for online booking. If you have multiple items of one resource, these will continue to be assigned until the resource are all allocated for that time. Once all the resources are allocated, that service will no longer be bookable at that time.