Using the calendar in the iOS app
The Timely app works similarly to how you would use Timely on your computer, but it may take a little getting used to as things may have moved! Check out below how to navigate the Timely app calendar:
- Switch between locations.
- Switch between Staff members.
- Jump to a date in the Calendar.
- Jump back and forward in the Calendar.
- Go to Today's date.
- Switch between Day and Week view.
- Add Busy time to the calendar.
Navigating in the Calendar
We will cover a couple of important tips for navigating around the Calendar in the Timely iOS app.
To switch between locations:
- Tap on the current location in the top left corner:
- Select the location you want to view from the list. The calendar for the new location will be loaded.
To switch between Staff:
- Tap on the staff member in the top left corner.
- Select the staff member from the list:
- The calendar for the new staff member will be loaded.
Jump to date:
- Click on the date at the top of the Calendar.
- Select the day, month and year from the selectors:
- Click Jump to go to that date in the Calendar.
Jump forward or back:
- Tap the left arrow [<] to view the last day or week in the calendar (see below).
- Tap the right arrow [>] to view the next day or week in the calendar:
- To jump further back, tap the left << arrows:
- To jump further back, tap the right >> arrows:
View Today in the Calendar:
Click Today in the top right corner of the calendar to go straight to today's date, in either the Day or Week view:
Switch between Day and Week view:
Use the toggle at the top of the page (in the middle) to switch between Day and Week views.
In Day view, you can then click on the staff selector to view All staff or just Rostered staff:
Add busy time
- Tap and hold the slot you wish to add busy time to.
- Choose 'Add busy time' from the options:
- Enter the details of the busy time and hit Save:
Note: Breaks will show on the calendar but cannot currently be edited in the app.