Using Packages on the iOS app
Timely has a beautiful native iOS app that you can download from the Apple App Store for free.
Packages are a great way to presell services and classes to customers and conveniently track their progress. Check out our What are Packages in Timely guide to find out more about Packages.
In this guide we'll cover how to:
Sell or issue a package
You can now issue a package to a customer from the iOS app. This allows you to update the default limits, as well as redemption and expiry dates, as per the full desktop version.
- Add the customer you want to issue the package to, to the sale:
- Tap on the Packages option in the left-hand panel:
- Tap on the package from the list to select it:
- The default settings will be added automatically. If no default limit has been assigned, you can tap on Specify limit:
- Tap on the Type to select the limit you want to apply, then tap on the Quantity underneath to add further visits/minutes/hours:
- Tap the Redemption start date/Redemption end date to add redemption restrictions:
- Tap Expires after and toggle the Restriction to on, to add an expiry period:
- Tap Save to apply expiry and then Save again to add it to the sale:
- Tap Pay to apply a payment and complete the sale:
Redeem a package against an appointment
If you have packages that are issued to customers, you can easily redeem these against their appointments in the calendar, via the iOS app.
- Tap on the appointment in the Calendar to view the appointment details.
- Tap on the current appointment status (Confirmed, or Pencilled-in):
- Tap the Completed option from the list, if any packages are available an arrow will be shown:
Select which package you would like to redeem from the available packages:
Click the Redeem button to redeem this against the appointment:
A package icon will be added to the appointment in the calendar and a " Package redeemed" indicator will be shown underneath the service:
Note: Redeeming packages for classes in the iOS app is not available.