How to enable CUPs web interface
CUPS is a network printing service used by Mac computers. It allows you to setup your printers on a network, and customise options such as cash drawer setup.
You may need to enable this before you can connect a thermal receipt printer or cash drawer.
- First off, go to http://localhost:631/printers/.
- A screen will appear saying 'Web Interface is Disabled':
- Select and copy 'cupsctl WebInterface=yes'
- Next, click the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner of your screen and search for 'Terminal':
- Once in terminal, paste in 'cupsctl WebInterface=yes' and click enter:
- Now you should be able to go to http://localhost:631/printers/ and see your installed printers: