How to enable CUPs web interface
CUPS is a network printing service used by Mac computers. It allows you to set up your printers on your network and customise options such as cash drawer setup.
You may need to enable this before you can connect a thermal receipt printer or cash drawer.
- First off, go to http://localhost:631/printers/.
- A screen will appear saying 'Web Interface is Disabled':
- Select and copy 'cupsctl WebInterface=yes'
- Next, click the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner of your screen and search for 'Terminal':
- Once in terminal, paste in 'cupsctl WebInterface=yes' and click enter:
- Now you should be able to go to http://localhost:631/printers/ and see your installed printers: