How to delete a location
Occasionally you might need to remove a location from your Timely account, due to a change in circumstances.
This guide will take you through the process of removing a location:
- Turn off online bookings for that location.
- Remove or reschedule any future bookings.
- Delete the location from your account.
Turn off online bookings for that location If you need to reschedule bookings at a location and don't want to accept any further bookings, you can disable online bookings for that location in the interim.
- Head to Setup > Locations.
- Click Edit next to the location:
- Uncheck the box next to Customers can book this location online:
- Click Save to apply:
Remove or reschedule future appointments A location can only be removed if there are no future bookings scheduled with any staff at that location.
That includes current staff, as well as any staff who may have worked at that location in the past.
To locate any affected bookings:
- Head to the Reports tab:
- Select the Day sheet report and select the location in question.
- Choose the Specific date range option and set it from today's date, to a year in the future (you can view up to 18 months ahead in the calendar):
- Right click on the appointment time in the report, to open it in a new tab in the calendar:
- Reschedule the appointments to another Location, if appropriate:
- Or, cancel the appointment entirely:
- Click Save to complete the process.
- Repeat for any other classes or appointments.
Delete the location Now that the calendars are clear, you can remove the location itself:
- Head to Setup tab in the main menu and choose Locations from the options.
- Click the red trash icon next to the location you want to remove:
A box will pop up to confirm, click the Delete button again to confirm:
The location will then be removed from the calendar, online bookings and website. Any historical information will still be accessible from the Reports.