How to mark a booking as completed
Booking statuses are a great way of keeping track of where a customer is in the appointment process. In Timely, we have a number of statuses available.
One important status is the Completed status. When a booking is marked as Completed in Timely, we will treat this as if the client has visited and received their treatment/service and has now finished their appointment.
Bookings marked as completed will have a tick shown on them:
The booking status is recorded separately than the sale, so it's possible for a booking to be marked as Completed, without a sale being raised. If you raise a sale after the appointment time has started, then we will automatically check a box on the sale which also marks the booking as completed.
Mark a booking as completed
You can mark a booking as completed, without raising a sale. This is perfect if you have raised a sale and processed a payment already, want to redeem a package against the visit, or you are on our Schedule plan and aren't raising sales.
From the calendar
- Click on the appointment in the Calendar.
- In the pop-up window, click the Completed button:
- The booking status will be automatically updated and the tick will appear on the booking:
When editing a booking
If you're making other changes to the booking before completing, then you can also update the booking status from the edit appointment window:
- Click on the appointment in the calendar and click Edit in the pop-up window:
- Update the Booking status to Completed:
- Click Save to apply and update. The tick and paid invoice icons will then show on the appointment in the calendar:
Complete a booking with a sale
If you raise an invoice after the appointment time has started or ended, then we'll automatically check the option to Mark appointment as completed:
- Click on the appointment in the calendar and select Raise sale from the pop up:
- Add any other services or products to the invoice.
- At the bottom of the invoice, the Mark appointment as completed box will be checked:
- Click Save to raise the invoice and update the appointment status.
- Apply the payment as required, you'll then be prompted to book the client's next appointment:
- When you go back to the calendar, you will see both the paid sale and the tick icon on the booking:
Did you know?
There are some other important things that marking an appointment as Completed does:
- Once the client has a Completed booking, we will treat them as a returning client (not a new one). Find out more.
- To redeem an appointment against a package, the booking must be marked as Completed. Find out more.
- The booking is updated from the Confirmed status to the Completed status in any reports. This allows you to easily identify which bookings a staff member actually performed and finished.