How to buy a new domain for your mini website
It's possible to set up your own domain, or website address, for your Timely mini website. There are a couple of different approaches available.
In this guide, we will show you how you can purchase a domain name through our friends at iwantmyname.com.
If you already have your own website address, you can redirect this to your Timely mini website. Check out our How to redirect an existing website to your Timely mini website guide.
Buy a new domain name We have partnered up with
IWantMyName who make it really simple to pick a domain and assign it to your mini-website.
- Head to Setup > Mini website (Promote) in your Timely account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the blue Buy a domain name button:
- You will be taken to the IWantMyName website where you will be guided through the process. First up, you'll need to enter the domain (or the website) you'd like to use e.g. beautyboutiquedayspa.co.nz
Click the red search button to check if your domain name is available (it will turn blue when you hover over it):
Select your desired website from the options and follow the instructions to purchase the domain:
Once the domain name has been purchased, they will connect Timely to the domain name behind the scenes.
Tell Timely what your new website address is
- Head to Setup > Mini website (Promote).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and add your domain to the Use your own website domain box:
We'll add the beginning of the address, including the " http://www." part so you will only need to add the root domain e.g., beautyboutiquedayspa.com.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
Domain name changes can take up to 24-48 hours to show up online.