Issue and redeem customer credit (iOS)
With customer credit, you can allow customers to prepay for future services, products or packages by adding a balance to their account.
You can then redeem that balance against any invoice for that customer.
In this guide we'll cover how to:
Issue credit to a customer
To issue credit to a customer, you will need to receive a payment from that customer.
- Head to the Sales tab in the Timely iOS app:
Tap on Credit in the left-hand panel:
- Tap on the Credit amount to adjust the value and add a Reason for credit, if desired:
- You can then tap on Never to set when the credit Expires:
- Tap Add to add the credit to the sale:
- If you're adding this to a new sale, you'll be prompted to Create a new sale:
- Tap Select customer and use the field provided to search for a customer:
- You can tap on the credit to adjust any of the details:
- Tap Pay to proceed to apply a payment:
- Select a Payment type to apply a payment.
- Tap Save and Done to complete the process.
Note: If payment isn't applied when the credit is issued, then the credit won't be activated.
Redeem customer credit
You can redeem credit against any invoice raised for that customer.
- In the Sales tab, tap the "+" to raise a new sale:
- Add a customer to the sale by tapping the Select a customer option:
- If the customer has available credit, you will see that here:
- Add any services, appointments or products to the sale and tap Pay when you're ready:
- If the balance is greater than the credit amount, then credit will be greyed out. If this happens, tap on the payment amount and update this to match the credit amount:
- Then tap on the Credit available to apply:
- Apply a payment for the remaining balance (if any):
- Tap Save and then Done:
Note: You won't be able to redeem customer credit against a sale that includes a gift voucher or another credit.