Take or upload photos on the iOS app
This feature is available on our Schedule and Sell, The Works and Enterprise plans; everything you need to take your business to the next level. Find out how to upgrade in our How to change your Timely plan guide.
Whether you want to simply put a face to a name, or ensure consistent outcomes for clients; there are a bunch of creative ways you can use photos in your business:
- Personalise a client's record with a profile picture.
- Store before and after transformation shots, to share with your audience online.
- Document a client's preferences; so they receive the same great service, every time.
- Track treatment progress and outcomes for returning clients.
If you're using the Timely app on your iPhone or iPad, then you'll be able to take photos from Timely directly. Or, you can choose to upload existing photos from your phone, to the client's record. You can add as many photos to a client's record as you like.
In this guide we'll cover how to:
- Take a photo using the Timely app.
- Upload existing photos to Timely.
- View, edit, share or delete a photo in Timely.
If you want to take photos from Timely, you will need to allow Timely access to your camera. This will also allow us to add any photos you take with Timely to your camera roll. You can adjust your permissions at any time: on your iOS device, head to Settings > Privacy > Camera and toggle this off/on next to Timely.
To protect you and your client's privacy, Timely staff will not be able to view any photos you upload to Timely. Only you, and any staff you grant access to, will be able to view these photos.
Take a photo using the Timely app If the client is ready to be photographed, you can take a photo directly from the Timely app:
- Head to the Customers tab in the Timely iOS app:
- Search for the client you'd like to add a photo to. In their record, tap on the Add button in the Photos section:
- Tap Take photo from the options:
- If it is your first time taking a photo, you will need to give Timely permission to access your camera.
This will allow you to take photos when using the Timely app and have them save to your camera roll:
- Take the photo of the client.
- Tap Retake (left) to take another photo or Use photo (right) once you have the perfect shot:
- You'll then be prompted to add a Description for the image:
Tap Save to add the photo. You will see a thumbnail of the new image in the Photos section.
We'll record the date, time and staff member who uploaded the photo, but to make it easier for you to locate photos, we recommend being as descriptive as possible! There is no character limit for
Upload existing photos to Timely If you've already taken photos of the client (or relevant subject matter), you can upload this to the client's record instead.
- Head to the Customers tab in the Timely iOS app and search for the client you'd like to add a photo to.
- In their record, tap on the Add button in the Photos section:
- Tap Pick from library from the options:
- You'll be asked to give Timely access to read and write to your photos. This allows us to upload photos from your iOS device to Timely:
- Once accepted, you will see a list of your photo albums. Locate the photo you want to upload:
- Tap on the image to select. You'll then be prompted to add a Description for the image:
We'll record the date, time and staff member who uploaded the photo, but to make it easier for you to locate photos, we recommend being as descriptive as possible! There is no character limit here.
- Tap Save to add the photo. You will see a thumbnail of the new image in the Photos section.
- You can also upload photos straight from your iPhone or iPad gallery, simply start to 'Select' the images that you want to upload into the client's file, click 'Share' and you'll see a Timely icon show up called 'Add to customer', click it and add a description to the photo. You can then select the customer who's file you want to upload it to and click 'Post'.
We support .png, .gif and .jpg file formats for uploads. Photos taken on an iOS device will be stored in .jpg format. Uploading PDFs or other documents is only supported in Documents.
View, edit, delete or share the photo Now that the photo is attached to the client's record, you will be able to view this from both the Timely iOS app and the Timely website. Check out our
How to view and delete photos guide for more information on how to do this from the Timely website.
- To view a photo, head to the Customers tab and open the client's record.
- In the Photos section, tap on the image you want to view:
- Or, tap View all to see all photo's attached to that client:
- Tap on the photo in the gallery to view the full-size version:
- When you tap on the photo, you will get a full screen version of the image. You'll see the date it was uploaded and the staff member that added it:
- If you tap on the photo on this screen, you can view the image without the header/footer details:
- Tap Back to return to the client's record.
- To view the description, tap on the icon In the top right corner. Tap Save to apply any changes:
- To delete, tap the trash icon in the bottom right corner:
- To share, save or download the image, tap on the share icon In the bottom left corner. You will have a few options here including: AirDrop, Message, Mail, Facebook, Twitter and more.
- Tap on the available options to share or tap Save image from the share menu to download a copy to your iPhone/iPad:
- Tap Done in the top left corner, to return to the client's record.
View a photo
Edit, delete or share the photo
When you are viewing a photo, there are some options available:
Giving staff access to customer photos
You are able to control which staff members have access to your client photos. You will need to update their access on the full Timely website.
If the staff member has access to the " Customers" tab, there will be an additional checkbox available.
Check the box next to Allow access to customer photos if you'd like them to be able to view and upload photos. Click Save to apply:
Check out our How to restrict staff access guide for more information.