Video call services
Video call services are a great way to offer online appointments to your clients. When these services are added to an appointment, you are then able to save a link against the appointment for your client to use to join a video call. When a link has been added to the appointment, that link will be included in the email communications sent to the client.
This guide will step you through the process of creating and using video call services.
- Create a video call service.
- Adding a video link to an appointment.
- Adding a link from the activity dashboard.
- How video call services show up on the calendar.
- Sending a link to your clients.
Create a video call serviceTo create a video call service
- Head to Setup > Services and click Add service or choose an existing service to edit
- Fill in the correct details for the service you would like to offer
- Make sure you tick the This service is a video call box
Adding a video link to an appointment
- Add a video call service to your appointment
- A new video call link field will show up
- Paste in your link into the 'Add a video call link' field
- Save the appointment
- Only one link field is shown even if the appointment includes more than one video call service
- When adding a link to a recurring appointment you can choose to update just the current appointment or update all the appointments
Adding a link from the activity dashboard If you require your online bookings set to be pencilled-in before you confirm them you can quickly add links while you confirm the appointments from the activity dashboard.
- Head to your activity dashboard
- Click on the confirm button for a pending appointment
- Paste in your link to the 'Add a video link' field
- Click confirm
How video call services show up on the calendar Appointments that need a video call link added will show up like the below image:
Appointments that already have a link added will show up like the following. Simply click on the appointment and you will be able to see and click on the link.
Sending a link to your clients
- Click on the 'Send and SMS or email' icon on the appointment
- Choose whether you want to send an email or SMS
- The video call link will automatically be copied into the message field
- Customise your message, then hit send!
- The booking details changed email
- The booking reminder email
- The booking confirmation email
Manually send the link to your client
Links included in the automatic emails
When a link is added to an appointment it will be included in the following emails to your clients (when you have these emails turned on).