How to use recurring classes
Classes can be set up to recur just like ordinary appointments, although classes are a little different.
For example, a fitness instructor wants to schedule 5 workout classes over 5 weeks with 10 customers in each class. Added to this, the clients need to attend all 5 classes in the series.
This article explains how to schedule and edit recurring classes and add customers to them.
Add a recurring class to the calendar
If the class happens regularly, you can set this up to be a recurring class.
- Click the available slot in the calendar where you would the class to be scheduled.
- Choose Add class from the options.
- When you are adding, or editing a class, go to the Recurrence tab:
- Select whether you want the class to repeat Daily, Weekly or Monthly:
- Set how frequently you'd like that to repeat e.g. Every 2 weeks, Every 3 weeks etc.
- Add a specific End date, set a class to end after x occurrence, or make it occur indefinitely by setting this to Never:
- Choose which days you'd like this to repeat on.
- When you're ready, click Save to complete.
Tip: To make a class recur fortnightly, choose 'Weekly' from the Repeat drop-down and '2' from the Repeat every drop-down.
Edit a single occurrence of a class
To change the day or time of an individual class:
- Click on the specific class in the Calendar you would like to change.
- Go to the Details page:
- Make any adjustments as required e.g. day/time, staff member, service etc:
- Click Save to apply those changes to the class.
- A pop up will appear that asks you if you'd like to apply those changes to This only or This and future. Choose the This only option:
- The booking will then be updated to the new details. This will remove the class from the rest of the recurring series.
Update all of the classes in a recurring series
To apply any class changes to all of the future scheduled classes:
- Click on the first class in the calendar that will use the new details.
- Go to the Details page and make any adjustments as required e.g. date/time, staff member, service etc.
- Click Save when you're ready to apply those changes to the class.
- When prompted, choose the This and future option:
- This will update any classes in the series, after that date, to the new details.
When you choose the This and future option, you create a new recurring series.
This will add an End date to the previous class in that series, so any changes made to earlier classes will not be applied to the new series.
Remove a customer from a recurring class
If a customer has been adding to an entire recurring series, you can choose to remove them from a single class, or from all of the remaining classes in the series.
- Click on the class in the Calendar.
- Select the customer in the Customers list:
- Click the Remove from class button:
- Choose the This class only option to remove them from just this class:
- Choose the This and future class option to remove them from all the remaining classes in the series:
- Click Save to update the class.
This will remove the customer from any relevant classes, without adjusting the recurring series itself.
Delete a recurring class
Sometimes you might need to delete a recurring class, or an individual class in that series.
To delete an individual class:
- Find the class on the calendar.
- Click the class so it pops up.
- Click the Cancel class button in the left-hand corner:
- You'll then be asked how may classes you want to cancel:
- Choose This only to delete this single occurrence.
- Choose This and future to delete the rest of the classes in that series.
- To remove a customer from a class, select the customer in the Customers list and click the Remove from class button.
- If they have been added to multiple classes, you can choose to remove them from This only or This and future.
- Customers can be added to the class series at any point.
- The class lists will display only those customers booked into that specific class.
- Reminders will be sent for classes, in line with your settings.