Storing Cards on TimelyPay
TimelyPay now allows your clients to securely and easily save their card details when making an online payment!
In this guide, we will cover:
- How storing cards work on TimelyPay
- Why you should use stored cards
- Managing stored cards
- Restrictions on using stored cards
How storing cards work for businesses
- Set up TimelyPay from the Add ons page and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Set up online bookings/payments and Client Login from the Online Bookings page.
- Once your clients save their cards, you can view their saved cards under the Customer page.
How storing cards work for clients
- Log in to Client Login with a mobile number.
- You will have the option to stay signed in for 90 days when entering a confirmation code:
- Once logged in, tick the "Save my card details for future payments" box when making a payment:
- Manage your saved cards from the My Cards page.
Why you should use stored cards
- Faster checkouts online: Your clients can experience faster checkouts by saving their credit card details, and repeat bookings or payments only need to be confirmed. No-re-entry of card details required.
- Keep card details secure: Because TimelyPay is using Stripe, we are PCI compliant and support 3D Secure checkouts. No need to store card details on your notes anymore.
- The future of stored cards: The ability to stored cards is just the beginning. We'll be adding more features to it in the future, like no-show and cancellation protection and contactless payments.
How can clients manage their stored cardsYour clients' stored cards will be shown under the My Cards page of Client Login. On this page, they can remove a card, set a new card as a default or add a new one:
How can businesses manage the stored cards of clientsYour clients' stored cards will also be shown under the Customers page of your Timely web app. On this page, you can:
- See how many cards are saved against that client:
- Remove a card on their behalf:
Can I update and add card details on behalf of my clients?For security reasons, we will only allow you to delete stored cards and not update or add them. You'll need to direct clients to the Client Login where they can add their cards. Your clients will be able to add their cards on the My Cards page of Client Login too, so they can save their cards without making an online booking or payment.
Can my clients update their card details on Client Login?At the moment, your clients will be unable to update their card details from Client Login. In the meantime, they can delete an existing card and add a new one instead.
Can I enforce capturing a card from my clients?We are not supporting enforcing card capture at the moment. You can encourage your clients to save their cards on Client Login by letting them know that their card will be stored to make their repeat bookings faster and that we are using Stripe to keep their details secure.
Can I take payments from a stored card?We are not supporting automatically taking payments against a stored card at the moment. If you want to use TimelyPay for the remaining balance of a client, you can use the request online payment option on their invoice.