Here's a little help to make the most out of your amazing machine.
In this guide we'll cover:
Processing a sale
Once your touchscreen or mini terminal has been set up and connected to Timely, you can use it to checkout your clients. This is where your terminal really comes into its own, making this process super slick and simple.
- Create a new sale either from the customer’s appointment in the calendar by selecting Checkout or from the Sales option in the bottom menu bar.
- After selecting the correct products and services for your sale, you’re ready to process your customers' payment. Click the Checkout button to bring up the payment page.
- You will then see your connected terminal in the ‘Terminal’ section. Once you’re happy with the amount to charge the client, select the your terminal. This will connect to the terminal which will then beep and light up with the amount ready for the client to tap/swipe/insert their card.
- Mini terminals will appear with a series of letters and numbers as seen above while touchscreen terminals will appear with the name entered when connecting the terminal to Timely.
- Tip: You can alter the amount to charge the client in the amount box at the top of the screen. This is perfect for those times that you need to do a split or partial payment across multiple cards or payment types.
- Once the payment has been accepted the terminal will beep and light up with a green approved tick. Select the Done button to continue.
- Once you see the sale complete screen, your sale is all done and dusted! You can then select the Email receipt button to send the client a copy of the receipt or close the sale by selecting Done.
Sending a receipt
Good news for the planet and you. Our TimelyPay terminals are paperless, meaning no more pesky paper rolls to refill.
Customer receipts can be emailed or printed by following the steps in our Email or print receipt guide.
Issuing a refund
- If you need to refund a payment that was processed in-store with your TimelyPay Terminal, you can do this by viewing the invoice in Timely. Firstly locate the invoice you would like to refund from either the appointment on the calendar, or from the customer's profile.
- Next select Issue refund, confirm the amount to refunded and then click Refund.
- Once you’re happy with the amount to refund the client, select the the terminal payment under transactions. The refund will go straight back onto the client's card without the need to use the terminal or have the card present.
- Once the refund has successfully processed, either click Email receipt to send the client a receipt copy of the refund or Done to continue.
The best part is that the refund will go straight back onto the client's card without the need to use the terminal or have the card present. Just make sure TimelyPay is selected as your refund payment type when processing the refund.
Tip: If your client doesn’t want the refund to go back to the original card they used, they will need to arrange another payment type for the refund.