If you already have your own domain name or website address, then you can update your settings with your provider to send visitors to your Timely mini website.
If you don't already own a domain, then check out our How to set up a domain for your mini website guide.
You will need to create a DNS record with your domain registrar, this tells the browser to visit the mini website instead of your existing site. This requires administrative access to the your domain host and a knowledge of DNS process.
If you are unsure of how to do this, then you can contact your domain registrar directly for more information. Timely won't be able to provide support around how to add a CNAME record with your specific provider.
There are two steps to this process, adding the CNAME record on your domain, and telling Timely what the address of your website or domain name will be.
Tell Timely what your website address will be
- Head to Setup > Mini website (Promote).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and add your domain to the Use your own website domain box:
We'll add the beginning of the address, including the " http://www." part so you will only need to add the root domain e.g., beautyboutiquedayspa.com.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
Tell your domain name registrar where to send visitors
- Log in to the administration section with your domain name provider.
- Find the DNS records section.
- Create a new CNAME record for the website you would like to redirect.
- Complete the process to save the CNAME record.
- If you would like your root domain (your website address without the www prefix e.g., beautyboutiquedayspa.co.nz) to redirect to your mini website, then you will also need to create a redirect or forward record. This will redirect traffic from the beautyboutiquedayspa.co.nz address to www.beautyboutiquedayspa.co.nz instead.
Below are some links to instructions on how to create a CNAME record with some common providers:
Note: Domain name changes can take up to 24-48 hours to show up online.