Classes are no longer available in Timely.
If your account was created after the 1st of September, 2018 or you haven’t used classes in your account before then, you will no longer be able to access or use this feature. If you have already have classes in your account, you will be able to continue using them.
Classes are designed for bookings in which multiple customers can attend, such as workshops, exercise classes, special events, and so on.
Classes work a little differently from appointments, as these need to be scheduled at a particular time in the calendar before they can be booked by customers.
In this guide, we will cover how to:
- Create a new class.
- Schedule a class in the calendar.
- Schedule a recurring class in the calendar.
- Edit or cancel a scheduled class.
Create a new class
To get started with creating classes in Timely:
- Head to Setup > Classes in the main menu:
- Click the green Add class button:
- Enter a Class name, a Capacity (how many customers can book into this class) and a Description:
- Determine if Customer can book this class online by checking the box (see above).
- Enter a Price, select any Tax and add a Duration (see above).
- You can then choose the colour for class, which will determine how it is shown in the calendar:
- Select which Staff are able to take the class, what Resources are required.
- If desired, set a unique payment policy for this class.
- Click Save to create the class.
Add a class to the calendar
Unlike services, classes cannot be booked until they have been scheduled into the calendar.
- From the Calendar view, click the space you want to schedule the class into and select Class from the options:
- Select the Class from the drop-down menu:
- If you haven't already, you can select the staff member who will perform the class.
- The Duration, Capacity and Price will auto-populate from when you set the class up, but you can change these for each individual class:
- Click Save to add the class to the calendar:
Add a recurring class to the calendar
If the class happens regularly, you can set this up to be a recurring class as well.
- When you are adding, or editing a class, go to the Recurrence tab:
Select whether you want the class to repeat Daily, Weekly or Monthly:
- Set how frequently you'd like that to repeat e.g. Every 2 weeks, Every 3 weeks etc.
- Add a specific End date, set a class to end after x occurrence, or make it occur indefinitely by setting this to Never:
Choose which days you'd like this to repeat on.
When you're ready, click Save to complete.
Edit or cancel a scheduled class
You can adjust the details of a class, once it has been added to the calendar. Any changes that affect the location, or the start time of the class, will send a notification to any customers booked into that class ( if enabled).
Note: If the class is recurring, then you have the option to apply those changes to This [class] only or to This [class] and future. Choosing the "This only" option will remove that class from the series.
Edit the class details
- To edit a class, simple click on the class in the Calendar.
- If you would like to change the Date of the class, this can be done using the Change date option:
- If you would like to change the Location of the class, this can be done by clicking the Change link next to the current location:
- You can then select another location from the drop down:
- You can then make any adjustments to the class, including the Time, Class, Staff member, Duration, Capacity or Price.
- Click Save, in the bottom right corner, to apply your changes.
Cancel the class
- Click on the class in the calendar.
- Click the Cancel class button in the bottom left corner:
- If you have email/SMS notifications enabled, the customer will receive a notification that the class has been cancelled.